Social Services Administration of the Daugavpils City Council- the budgetary establishment of the Daugavpils City Council which provides administration of social services and the social help in the territory of the city of Daugavpils. Activity of Social Services Administration is supervised by the Ministry of Welfare of the Republic of Latvia.
According to the Law on Social Services and the Social Help the main aim of social establishments of municipalities is to provide social services and the social help to citizens, who are not able to cope with social and economic problems at the certain period.There are 7 departments and 8 structural establishments in the Social Services Administration which work with the following groups of citizens:
- families with children;
- elderly people and disabled people;
- adults in a crisis situation;
- mentally disabled people;
- orphans and children without parental care or guardianship;
- persons without a certain residence place;
- persons and families with status of people in need.
-department of the social help;
-department of social services to families with children;
-department of social services to elderly people and disabled people;
-department of social services to adults;
-department of information, supervision, learning, development and projects;
-day center for mentally disabled people;
-family support center /shelter;
-apartments for groups;
-day center of social care and social rehabilitation;
-bureau of social apartment;
-children orphanage - shelter “Priedīte”.
The Social Services Administration is financed from:
· the budget of municipality of the city of Daugavpils;
· income of the provided paid services;
· donations and gifts from legal entities and individuals;
· the state budget.